The Associated Students (AS) of UCSB is launching AS in IV, a strategic planning process to decide how best to spend our financial and human resources in Isla Vista, and we really want to hear from YOU!
The AS Office of the President is leading the strategic planning process, AS in IV, during the Fall of 2014. AS in IV includes:
- A community-wide online survey to get feedback from Isla Vista residents, employees, and frequent visitors.
- Community forums to delve deeper into the issues.
- The creation of a 3-5 year Strategic Plan for Associated Students in Isla Vista.
TAKE THE SURVEY NOW using these links:
The community survey is available both online and in person at the Pardall Center and the AS Main Office.
Why are we launching AS in IV?
Since its beginning, AS has been heavily involved with and invested in the community of Isla Vista:
- Student agency has helped to build many Isla Vista institutions, including the Isla Vista Food Cooperative, the Isla Vista Neighborhood Clinic, and the Isla Vista Teen Center, among numerous others.
- Every year, we invest more than $500,000 in direct funding to Isla Vista community-based programs and services, as highlighted in the AS in IV Report. We run a Tenant’s Union, volunteer services, a Legal Resource Center, and sponsor community events, to name a few. We run the Pardall Center, and most of us are IV residents.
- AS and UCSB students, faculty and staff as a whole, invest thousands of volunteer hours yearly, sharing our knowledge, skills, experience, compassion, and more in service to the IV community.
Please join us in looking toward the future and working to make Isla Vista the best it can be. We look forward to your participation!